In celebration of another 365 days on this beautiful planet, I thought I would put together a list of my top fitness tips to share with you guys.
- Set a goal: Your goal will act as a source of motivation. Make sure your goals are specific and realistic.
- Create a plan to achieve that goal: Once you’ve determined what your goal is set out a plan that will ensure that you will achieve that goal.
- Choose and approach to training and nutrition: make sure that your training and nutrition plan are sustainable and allow you to train and eat in a way that you enjoy. This way you are more likely to stick to it.
- Don’t compare yourself to others: Stop focussing on what everyone else is doing. Focus on improving your own practices daily.
- Being healthy goes beyond the physical aspect: Being healthy is not just about looking good. It is easy to take fitness to an extreme. It is not healthy to deprive yourself of food or rest. Make sure you are also taking care of your mind and overall wellbeing.
- Stop looking to quick fixes: If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Quick fixes are dangerous and will often leave you in a worse position than where you started off.
- Motivation is overrated, create discipline: Motivation is an amazing tool, however, it will come and go. Focus on building discipline and creating daily habits that will ensure that you always do what you need to do, especially when you don’t want to.
- Sleep and recovery are important: Sleep and recovery are just as important as your training. Make sure you’re not overlooking their importance.
- Ask for help: If you are struggling in a certain area (i.e. training, nutrition, goal setting, etc) just ask for help.
- Be consistent: This is hands down the best fitness advice I have ever received in my life. You don’t have to be perfect, you just need to be consistent. It’s what we do most of the time that matters.
Hope you guys find these helpful.